Climbing the corporate ladder requires cat-like agility – and a strategy for making it to the top. Culver-Newlin provides these questions for consideration when your eye is on the corner office with windows.
1. What do you want?
Successful people have a strategy for getting where they want to go. Sitting in that corner office will become reality as you follow your game plan to your desired location. Know the ladder steps you must climb and don’t skip a single one on the way up.
2. What are the resources you can tap?
Discover everything you can about the corporate ladder you’re climbing. Dig deep into the company and the position you want to reach – and what it will take to get there. Learn from everyone around you to gain multiple points of view. Take advantage of mentoring – with expressed gratitude.
3. What are your reasons?
The corner office won’t be enough to satisfy your ladder-climbing drive if you’re after it for the wrong reasons. So what are the right reasons? Where do you stand regarding these rungs to the top?
- Dedication to the cause, company, co-workers, and product
- Determination to make a difference within your sphere of influence and beyond
- To retire with a sense of genuine life accomplishment
4. What do you have to offer?
Sit down and list your strengths:
- Are you a visionary who sees the end from the beginning?
- Are you in for the long haul – willing to stick it out from the beginning to the end?
- Can you clarify and share the vision with co-workers?
- Can you motivate your co-workers when the project gets bogged down?
- Are you a successful networker, reaching out to others for strength and skill and support?
- Are you an “ever-learner”? – willing both to teach and be taught?
- Do you see achievement through assistance as success?
- Are you a successful promoter of the cause, the case – and yourself?
- Are you willing and able to share the credit?
Every ladder-climber understands that when the climb gets tough, or even side-tracked for a time, the goal must stand the test of the climb. Organized, focused effort can get you where you want to go. Keep your eye on the corner office with windows.
And when you move into that coveted corner office, Culver-Newlin is here to help you furnish it like a boss. Serving Southern California businesses and schools for over 50 years, providing the latest, high-quality furniture for the modern, ergonomic workplace and classroom, we live the drive to succeed in business by providing you with excellent customer service. Call Culver-Newlin today at 949-288-6739, or visit us online. We stock everything you need and want to set up your corner office with windows in style with class. And congratulations on climbing the ladder. You’ve earned your place at the top.