Are you looking for a promotion on the job? You’ll have to work for it, most likely. And there are tricks to the trade, so to speak, but they’re really work, too. There is actually an insider secret to getting ahead in the work place. Culver-Newlin, with over 50 years as a top-of-the-line school and office furniture business, provides you with this secret. Two powerful words: energy and commitment. Going above and beyond. Do you have what it takes to succeed?
Answer these questions to discover if you have the energy and commitment a promotion requires:
- Are you doing your current job to the best of your ability? Being willing to excel today and every day until the promotion comes your way is the way to get the promotion. Perform to the top of your ability and you’ll get noticed, you can be assured. Top performers stand out among the average 9-to-5 job mentality workers.
- Are you expending effort to get ahead? Take initiative and expand your level of skill and education for the job you want. Keep up with innovative products and procedures that have bearing on the job at hand and the one ahead. Go online for more information about the company and business. Know the answers when questions arise during meetings. Showing genuine interest goes a long way in making an impression.
- Are you committed to the cause? Someone who participates with enthusiasm and intelligence adds value to any organization. Team effort is noticed. Being involved in projects to successful completion gains you credit. And builds camaraderie among your co-workers. And supports the company in reaching its projected objectives. Oh, and all this helps you get that promotion.
- Are you a life-time learner? Taking steps to continue your education show initiative and intelligence. Taking online courses or classes at the local college that will bolster your résumé will prove that you’re a go-getter to those who are considering you for promotion.
- Do you volunteer in the community or for company causes? “Giving back to the community” is the mantra of the day and a worthy effort. And it takes both energy and commitment.
Above and beyond – these tips will help you gauge yourself and your energy and commitment levels at work in anticipation of a promotion. “Rank hath its privileges” the saying goes, and it also has its responsibilities. Major on fulfilling the responsibilities and the privileges will come naturally.
At Culver-Newlin, we go the extra mile in providing excellent customer service to ensure that the office furniture you select serves you with style for years to come. We stock our showroom and distribution center with the finest furniture available for school and office buildings in Southern California. Whether you choose traditional furnishings or the latest for the ergonomic workplace, Culver-Newlin goes above and beyond – assisting you with product selection within your budget, space planning, and delivery with our “set-in-place” pledge. Call 949-288-6739 today, or visit us online. We’re proud of our commitment to success – both ours, and yours! Contact Culver-Newlin today.