“For pupil work stations to be ergonomic, it is crucial that the chairs and tables are adapted to body size. The PantoMove swivel chair is not only infinitely height-adjustable and can thus adapt to individual requirements; it also has an innovative 3D tilt mechanism that enables dynamic sitting. The seat responds to every shift in weight and tilts accordingly, in a forward or backward direction or to the side. This dynamic seat is thus able to give pupils that freedom of movement that is indispensable for healthy posture development and continued concentration.
When sitting dynamically:
· spinal column rhythmic self-adjustment happens on a regular basis
· the discs are continually supplied with nutrients
· the complex muscles of the back are stimulated and strengthened
· the joints of the spinal column – there are over 100 – maintain balance of movement
The positive effect: Pupils’ natural instinct to move about is not curbed; it is utilized as a vehicle for healthy development.
Height-adjustable pupils‘ tables
Tables as well as chairs are height-adjustable so that pupils’ work stations are optimally adaptable. By means of a winding handle, the Ergo pupil’s table is infinitely height-adjustable from 56 to 82 cm – and therefore especially suitable for variable room occupancy. It is quickly and directly adjustable on an individual basis to the pupil using it at the time.
Height-adapted furniture and chairs for dynamic sitting are basic ergonomic requirements for healthy and productive learning; they encourage good sitting posture. So what happens if the table height is not properly adjusted? If a table is too low, pupils are forced to work in a stooped posture; this puts strain on the discs. And in turn, shoulder tension is caused by working at a table that is too high.
And another plus offered by the Ergo pupil’s table: Adjustable furniture allows schools to plan their furnishings. And save on the wasteful transporting back and forth of furniture of different sizes.
Sitting properly is a matter of adjustment.
Even the best school furniture is only as good as its ability to adjust. School furniture must fit the pupil – not the other way around. Proper adjustment of height-adjustable school furniture is undertaken in two steps:
1. First the chair is adapted. Chair height is selected in such a way that the front edge of the seat corresponds roughly to the lower kneecap joint. The hip joint is above the knee joint, both feet are firmly on the floor. When using the entire seat depth the front edge must not press on the lower leg. The backrest should be supporting the back underneath the shoulder blades.
2. Now it is time to adjust the height of the table. Sitting sideways on to the table, the arms are angled at 90°. The elbows are now two to three centimeters underneath the tabletop/table front edge.
If the available school furniture is not height-adjustable it is good to ensure that you are able at least to match the chair size to pupils so that the above requirements are fulfilled as far as possible. Adjustments should be made twice a year.”
For more information on VS products, check out their website here or if you are ready to see some samples in person, call us at Culver-Newlin today at 949.597.0123